Property Management Malta – Tenants
We are proud to offer to tenants, one of the most comprehensive and hands-on property management services on the market. Our wealth of experience enables us to manage all complex aspects of residential and commercial properties. We believe that good property management is about attention to detail, transparency and effective communication. We are here not only to identify a suitable property for you to rent, through our specialised and leading letting department, however, to manage your property for the duration of your tenancy, to ensure your property is maintained and managed as efficiently as possible, to give you, as the tenant ultimate peace of mind. Meeting your requirements is our core focus. We ensure that we offer appropriate, high quality and affordable levels of service to tenants. We also tailor our property management agreements to the tenant’s specific requirements and offer some of the most competitive management fees in the industry.
We recognise that property management is a people industry – we are big enough to cope and small enough to care about personal service to tenants. This is where we stand out from the crowd. In fact, we end up becoming close friends with our clients, who make it a point to visit us from time to time. We work with a wide range of tenants to provide dedicated property management services backed by the experience, expertise and focus of our 37-year history and unparalleled service to the local real estate industry, operating at the forefront of both the sales and lettings markets.
Once a tenant engages our management services, we do everything from organising inventories and arranging for properties to be cleaned pre-tenancy and on-demand; handling collection of rent or mail; calculating water and electricity bills and bringing utilities up-to-date; handyman, locksmith and repair services; right through to handling deposit negotiations once a tenancy has come to an end. We liaise with utility suppliers and arrange repairs, maintenance works and safety reports on client’s behalf as well as organise payments of outgoings such as service charges. We also have senior associates within our letting department who possess the specialist skills to negotiate the renewal of a lease agreement on the tenants behalf, who can provide advice on the current market trends and rent levels, provide comparable evidence and arrange a re-appraisal of one’s property where appropriate and to negotiate with the landlord on the tenant’s behalf. Below we list the main duties that Perry property management services would handle for a tenant, found on our standard agreement:
STANDARD DUTIES OF PERRY MANAGEMENT SERVICES ONCE AN AGREEMENT IS SIGNED:
1. GENERAL DUTIES
- Perry will have the sole and exclusive duty and authority to manage and maintain the Property
- Perry will have the responsibility for, the safekeeping of keys and/or remotes provided to Perry, a set of which will be retained by Perry at all times, opening the Property and organising to meet and greet family members or guests of the Tenant at the Property as required. Keys will also be handed over to the Tenant’s guests during check-in and collected for safekeeping upon check-out as required from time to time but only upon the Tenant’s prior written approval by means of electronic mail.
2. UPKEEP, REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
- Perry will make arrangements for maid services, cleaning of the Property and laundry facilities when requested by the Tenant and/or his/her guests. The above-mentioned services will be provided at a fixed hourly rate to be agreed with the tenant.
- Perry will hold inspection visits once every fortnight when the Tenant notifies Perry that the Property is vacant (tenant is abroad). A report shall be sent to the Tenant’s e-mail address, as provided on the relevant agreement, upon written request by the Tenant stating the general state and condition of the Property.
- Perry will also be responsible, in case of an unoccupied Property (when tenant is abroad), for the airing of the Property and reporting of any damages to the Property including, but not limited to, its furniture and/or fittings.
- Perry will coordinate and execute any maintenance or repair services to the Property which are the responsibility of the Tenant and deemed by the Tenant to be necessary. For this reason, Perry will always contract with maintenance personnel and reputable contractors, if necessary, who shall be sent as soon as is reasonably possible to the Property when maintenance or repair work is required, subject to the prior written approval of the Tenant, by means of electronic mail, which is to be received by Perry within a stipulated number of days. In the event that such approval is not forthcoming, Perry will not be held in any way responsible for any damages, whether direct or indirect, that may arise from the fact that the Property was in need of the maintenance or repair work.
- Perry will make arrangements and supervise the installation of internet, television and telephony services of the Property on behalf of the Tenant and handling any matters arising in regard to such services on behalf of the Tenant and/or his/her guests.
3. COLLECTION AND PAYMENTS
- Perry will collect the readings of water and electricity meters upon commencement and termination of each lease agreement between the Tenant and his/her landlord.
- Perry will also be responsible for the payment of water and electricity bills as well as for payments for internet, television and telephony services, payment for laundry services, and payments of any insurance bills on behalf of the Tenant. Such payments shall only be carried out by Perry upon the written approval of the Tenant, by means of electronic mail.
- Perry will, at the request of the Tenant, collect rents when due by him/her and forward them to the relevant landlord as indicated by the Tenant; however Perry makes no guarantee as to timely payment by the Tenant of both rent and other utilities and shall not be held liable for any failure of the Tenant to honour his/her obligations under the lease agreement entered into between the Tenant and the landlord. Perry obliges itself to transfer these funds due to the landlord within a stipulated period from receipt of such funds.
- Perry will also check and collect mail periodically and redirect the post when required by the Tenant. Any expense incurred by Perry in relation to redirecting the mail to the Tenant is to be at the sole expense of the Tenant.
Contact us today for a meeting to see how you too can benefit from such services. Our aim is to make renting a property in a new country as hassle-free an experience as possible for tenants. Put simply, we take the stress out of property management.
Call us now on (+356) 21 31 0800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your property requirements